Student safety is our primary concern and a major focus for teachers organizing activities and two RCHK staff members will accompany each trip.
The following steps are taken by every activity/trip leader:
- Documentation regarding the registration and status of any outside provider is collected. References are sought and checked.
- For outside providers, the qualifications of personnel and the safety and risk mitigation procedures of the provider are checked.
- A complete risk assessment and safety audit carried out on all activities with information presented to the School.
- Additional insurance cover is taken out for all overseas, residential or high-risk activities. This allows access to the best emergency and medical assistance in the event of any incident.
- Activity leaders check first aid training status and if necessary re-train.
- Medical details for all students are examined, collated and followed up as necessary.
- Detailed risk-mitigation documents covering every aspect of the activity are created, discussed and signed off by Ms Davey-Peel.
- Itineraries, contact details, student and family contact details are collated and copies kept at school.
- First aid kits are ordered, customised and collected.
- A safety briefing from International SOS is attended by trip leaders.
- Political, meteorological and geographical details for each destination are checked carefully prior to departure, and an up-to-date list of nearest medical providers, doctors and hospitals for each location. A phone is also provided to each assigned trip leader along with emergency and membership numbers of International SOS.
Emergency contact information during CAS Week
For any emergencies while our students are away on CAS Week, all inquiries can be directed to Ms. Jess Davey-Peel (email@example.com) You can also contact the school at: 3556 3556 during school hours.
For an emergency after hours parents are advised to contact: +(852) 9844 5642.
If you child is staying in Hong Kong for the week, please contact Mandy Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any absence notifications.